Karen's Books

Friday 14 April 2017

Afternoon Tea Break



I took a short break from editing the second draft of Ice and Fyre to enjoy a day out with my two daughters.

They treated me to afternoon tea at The Urban Jungle - a local eatery and garden centre where you sit in a virtual jungle to eat. They serve gluten free food by the bucket load. It was great to be able to enjoy a full afternoon tea - sandwiches, pastries, cakes and scones included!

Later we took a trip down to the cinema and watched Beauty and the Beast, which was very good indeed. I got royally spoiled and had a wonderful break from all the hard work of editing.

It was back to work this week though and I am now close to finishing the second draft of Ice and Fyre. Things are moving fast now.

I'm also planning the first draft of my next book 'Rabbit Girl' and really enjoying writing the new characters - a change is as good as a rest (or so they say).

Happy Easter!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment